Thursday 16 September 2010

Photo - Deir el Bahri



This photo was taken in 2008 and i believe it comes from the upper level of the Hatshepsut Mortuary Temple (where the entrance to the Amun Sanctuary is located).

Showing an Egyptian God (possibly Hapi/ Hapy- the god of Inundation). Although i cannot provide the translation of the Hieroglyphs i will intend to find out and add them to this post. I can at least suggest that the highest level of glyphs appears to me as "beloved of Ra" in the masculine form. This may suggest that the name of Thutmose I or III may have appeared in the now missing section. It may even be the name of Hatshepsut, as she is known to have taken on many "male" aspects during her rule of Egypt.

I will correct myself later where necessary. Maybe you can help?

Stuart

No comments: